Here we will answer all your questions about the event. If you still have questions, please do not hesitate to send us an e-mail at email@example.com or a call at 876-867-8795.
When? Saturday August 22, 2015.
Time? 6pm to midnight.
Where? Hope Gardens, Kingston, by the Historical Entrance.
Modelled along the lines of food markets or fairs that are held weekly in cities across the United States and Europe, KINGSTON KITCHEN is a food experience that showcases what Jamaicans are doing locally in the food industry.
We aim to approach it from two sides. The first is our Pop-Up Kitchens area, where larger establishments like restaurants, chefs, caterers, and our sponsors will set up temporary kitchens and menus for the day. The second is The Emporium, where small batch vendors, farmers etc. will be selling everything from chutneys and jams, to cookies, cupcakes, breads, organic vegetables etc.
1. Is there an entry fee? Yes, a small admission of J$500 per adult. Children under 12 are free.
2. And you pay for food and drink? Yes, we work to attract a wonderful mixture of exhibitors, from cafes, restaurants, chefs and caterers who will set up in the Pop-Up Kitchen area; to home cooks, dessert chefs, and farmers, who set up in The Emporium. You will pay these exhibitors directly.
3. Will there be activities for the kids? Yes, we have a fun kids area with various attractions to keep all the little ones occupied.
4. Will you have different exhibitors at each event? Yes, that is our plan. While we will encourage exhibitors to come back, we also want to keep expanding our family so that patrons can expect to try something new at each event.
1. Is there a fee to participate as an exhibitor? Yes there is a fee, depending on the size space you would like to rent. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. What does the price include? Included in your rental price, (depending on what package you decide to sign up for) you will get tables and chairs, a tent (if you sign up for a pop up kitchen), access to water and electricity. Again, we can share this info with you if you e-mail us.
3 What do we require to participate as an exhibitor? You will need to complete an exhibitor form, and pay a 50% deposit to confirm your space. You will also need to confirm that you have a food handlers permit. Deposits can be delivered to us at 10 Deanery Road, Kingston 16.
4. How many passes do you get as an exhibitor? This depends. Those in The Emporium, will get 2-3 bands, while those in the Pop-Up Kitchens will receive 4-5 bands. Additional bands can be purchased for J$300 per person.
THANKS again for your support of KINGSTON KITCHEN. We look forward to you joining our EAT GOOD movement!